How do you use social media tools to enhance your personal brand? Do you have what it takes to be an exceptional leader when faced with decisions that trigger your emotions? How do you write emails that get results from the people reading them? These hot topics are just a few examples from the Office of Student Life’s webinar series, which provides practical techniques designed to enhance your personal and professional development.
Director of Student Life Michael Lango explained why his office launched the Workshop series: “In addition to offering students enrichment opportunities through clubs and organizations, our office is focused on providing programs that support their career and educational goals. These workshops help students develop the skills to become more successful as students, employees, and individuals.”
Check out past Workshops below. If you missed any, just click on the link to view the recorded session. For upcoming Workshop topics and information, visit us on Facebook or KU Campus.
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership: How to become an effective decision maker when faced with decisions that impact your personal emotions. View here
- Taking Control of Career Planning: How to make your resume and cover letter stand out; how to reinvent yourself and take ownership of your career planning. View here
- Conflict Resolution: How to resolve conflict in a manner that strengthens your organization and the relationships between your team members. View here
- Effective Use of Social Media: How to take advantage of the most important social media tools out there; how to create an online presence using best practices (and how to avoid common pitfalls!). View here
- Email Etiquette: How to communicate appropriately through email, how to adjust your style for different audiences, and how to recognize the impact of tone in written communication. View here
Upcoming topics: Check KU Campus and Facebook.
Take the Survey
Have you taken the survey yet? The Office of Student Life wants to know what clubs and organizations you are interested in joining. Take the super short, three-question survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/KUOfficeofStudentLife.